Thursday, June 25, 2015

New Ventures

For those that don't know, I have blogged before. I kept up with it for a while and then fell off the face of the earth. Life got busy and still is busy and it was very hard to keep up.

About a month ago I felt so convicted of the lifestyle I was living. A friend asked me a simple question: "What are you doing next Tuesday?" and I realized... I knew what I was doing every single minute of every day for the next 30 days. I told him that casually and he was surprised. I took a second and realized- that's not normal. I followed through with everything I needed to do those next 30 days and then I made myself a promise. I would not put anything on my calendar more than a week in advance (excluding wedding activities for my beautiful friend, Erin). Quite simply, I'm simplifying.

I am approaching the end of week one and let's just say... it hasn't been an easy journey. I started the week out sick and that was no bueno. Once I got over that, though, it was smooth(er) sailing. So far I have planned two things for this week and only one was more than 24 hours in advance. I LOVE not knowing what I'm going to do tomorrow. It opens up so many possibilities. I am 90% stress-free and loving it. Still working on removing that last 10%.

So, why did I start a new blog when I already have one? Well, my last blog had a different purpose. Its goal was to share my walk with the Lord and some of my many deep thoughts. It was more essay/article style with lots of great advice (I may or may not be biased). This blog is primarily about my latest venture: Rainshine River Graphic Design and all of my daily/weekly shenanigans. This blog is going to help me build a little structure into my new carefree life by allowing me to plan time to sit down and do something I love- write. It's also to help me get rid of that last 10% of stress by doing something I love- writing.

On this blog you will hear of all of my awesome adventures (code for: mundane daily tasks), get to hear about my latest graphic design projects, and possibly see some cool vlogs and stuff.

Hopefully you'll enjoy reading as much as I'll enjoy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment